The folding hacks below will save you a lot of space while keeping it neatly packed.
1. For Dresses
- Though it may be tempting to hang your dress shirts, folding them and storing them neatly in drawers not only saves room in your wardrobe but also avoids wrinkles.
- Place the shirt on a flat surface, button side down.
- Fold the right sleeve in half along the armpit seam and bring it to the centre.
- Fold the right sleeve down toward the hem at a 45-degree angle.
- Phase 2 can be repeated on the left line.
- Move 3 can be repeated on the left line.
- Fold the lower third of the shirt up using the bottom hem.
- Fold the folded part again until it meets the tip of the shoulders.
- Turn the folded dress over
2. For T-shirts
- The most helpful method to fold a t-shirt is as given.
- Fold one arm in at the armpit seam while the t-shirt is flat on a table.
- Fold the shirt’s circumference into the middle on the same line.
- Move one should be repeated on the other side.
- Move two can be repeated on the other line. Your shirt should now be in the shape of a rectangle.
- Bring the bottom of the folded shirt up to the top of the shirt, halving the amount.
- Place your little square of the t-shirt in your pocket and smooth it out.
3. For Towels
- It’s a win-win situation when you fold big and small towels in thirds. Towels folded this way take up less space on the top and are much easier to stack. It’s worth noting that this is how most five-star hotels fold their towels.
- Bring the hems of a towel together lengthwise such that the towel is half the length.
- Carry on with the previous move.
- Rotate the towel so that the hem (and any decorative elements) are facing down and it is lengthwise in front of you.
- As if you were folding a sheet of paper in thirds, bring each side edge into the middle one at a time.
- Place the towel on the shelf with the folded sides facing out.
4. For Sweaters
- Sweaters that are bulky and cumbersome can never be put on a hanger. Fold sweaters neatly when seen to save them from being droopy and bent out of shape.
- Fold the sleeve in toward the middle of the sweater with the sweater facing down.
- Rep on the other page.
- Fold the jumper in half by bringing the bottom hem up.
- Fold the jumper in half and store it on a wardrobe shelf or in a drawer in the dresser.
5. For Underwear
- For Women-
Often begin by placing your underwear on a flat surface. Fold the underwear in half by putting the right or left side to the opposite edge for women’s underwear. Fold in half from top to bottom, then repeat.
- For Men-
Fold men’s briefs in thirds by taking one hand to the middle and repeating the process on the other side. From top to bottom, fold in half.